Re: Don't disclose election results

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:24:20 +0200, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2014, at 12:48 , Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> As for strategic voting, only about half of AC reps vote for all slots.
>> 20-25% vote for just one. (The rest distributes in between.) So there
>> is no doubt that it is going on.
>
> Really?  I can quite easily imagine there are AC Reps who only knew some
> of the candidates, and by the time they excluded ones they knew and
> didn’t like, found they had to accept a few so as to vote.  At least,
> that’s how I imagine I got elected.  It might not be strategic, merely
> caution.

It would also be very poor logic, and carefully ignoring almost every link
and explanation in the discussion of this topic over the last couple of
years.

I'm sure that is sometimes the case, but I suspect Robin's conclusion is
correct, and that I (the only person I know who is on record as
consistently voting strategically) and a couple of people who tell me that
they do so are not the only ones.