Re: Don't disclose election results

(omnibus reply)

* I acknowledge there are cultural differences which make it tricky to
publish results given it was not stated before the election began. But
this is an assumption. That'd be great if someone neutral (within the
team?) contacted each candidate in person to get their actual feeling
about it.

* I'm not sure these cultural differences still make sense when it comes
to anonymised results. If we read that candidate "A" got 3 ballots and
candidate "B" got 98, that's probably fine with respect to the future
life of candidate "JC" or "Virginie", given that it's not so easy (out
of 12 people) to identify who is A and who is B.

* We're not a democracy nor a country FWIW. We belong to a consortium
and our companies pay an insane amount of money to get there. I'd like
to understand how such an amount of money do not bring people to believe
it's important to contribute, at least when it comes to voting (for
AB/TAG but also for chartering).

* Same thing on different angle, I was not aware of such a poor
engagement. Probably some more work needs to be done here. AB?
Elsewhere? I'll be happy to help.

* As Daniel stated for himself regarding last year's ballot, I'd really
like to know my own results. It's important for me to know if I needed
two other ballots to get elected or if I had 0 casts. That would
determine my future willingness to run again or not BTW. If this is
really humiliating then may be the W3C can communicate this information
privately to candidates.

* I don't mix transparency with trust. I trust the W3C not to tamper
with the results (but I trusted a lot of companies not to tamper with my
data until some revelations happened last year so...). but trusting the
W3C does not mean I do not want to understand what's going on. The
results of the last 2 AB ballots bring a lot of  information about the
direction the AC Reps want the consortium to take, detailed results
would probably bring a lot of additional valuable data.

Regards
JC