Re: Ian Jacobs comments [Was: New draft - please review]

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:55:23 +0100, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2014, at 12:37 AM, Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Ian,
>> The text was added in Chapter 7 because it is not in the chapter in
>> which charters are discussed
>
> Here is what 6.2.6 says [1]:

> It is clear that in order for Chapter 7 to be published, the entire
> Process Document will need to be republished. Therefore, rather than put
> a requirement on charters in section 7, if the above does not suffice,
> let's just leave an open issue on 6.2.6 to be resolved when the document
> as a whole is republished.

As I understood the request from W3C, despite having had several redrafts
of the entire document, it was to publish a new version, as far as
practicable with changes *only* to chapter 7.

Which I thought at the time was a bit silly since there are a few more
things we could have usefully done, IMHO without getting in the way.

But the Director decides what W3C publishes, so I worked on the assumption
that what I had been told was the path to getting the work done without
administrative bickering.

In this CG which has a scope greater than the process task force you are
most welcome to raise an issue - just choose the product accordingly
please.

cheers

Chaals