Re: Invited expert and CG Contributor agreements

From: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:02:45 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-w3process@w3.org

On 12/19/2014 8:57 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> I encourage you to explore a different scenario, one in which an
> individual authors work and publishes it independently.

I'm not sure what you mean by "independently".  This scenario certainly
would work in terms of granting W3C the rights to the content.  The
"sponsor" approach seems to work partially like this. But I would not
want to institutionalize an approach where the author throws it over the
wall to W3C (using the grant you mention below) but does not participate
in the subsequent dialog about the content.