Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

On 8/29/2014 4:00 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> You will not see the W3C attacking or disrespecting the WHATWG in any way.
> Here are some examples of the W3C disrespecting the WHATWG:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/
> http://w3ctag.github.io/url/
>
> Please respect our request that you stop copying our work.
>
> (Even if you ignore the disrespect from copying our work, there's more
> subtle disrespect shown in the pages above. For example, I wrote 99%+
> of the HTML spec, yet my name appears last in a list of seven names,
> with no indication of who did the work. The WHATWG logo appears
> nowhere. The second one above, the copied DOM spec, references the
> copied HTML spec, and doesn't even list my name at all. I'm not
> looking for credit — my name doesn't even appear in the first 500 or
> so pages of the HTML spec at the WHATWG — but it's a clear indication
> of the respect the W3C shows the WHATWG.)

I feel bad about the perceived disrespect.  There was no disrespect
intended.  You deserve credit for your work.  I'm guessing that we were
never asked these questions before.

We will list your name first for the HTML spec.
We will add your name to the DOM spec.

Noone disputes your prolific contributions.