The Emperor's New Process [Was: Re: Are Director's Calls mandatory for LCCR?]

On 11/5/13 2:28 AM, ext Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> Part of the goal is to encourage groups to get their specs reviewed,
> preferably including by test implementation, before going to LCCR.

OK, so then if I understand this correctly, it appears the essence of
this 2-year effort is to provide  formal advice to WGs that if they want
to avoid circular WD<->LC<->CR type loops, then before they publish a
"LCCR", they should create their tests, implement the spec, test their
implementations and such.

BTW, when this proposal is presented to the groups during the Nov 13
Plenary meeting, perhaps it would be helpful to include a couple of real
examples that demonstrate the advantages of the proposal (for example if
WGs A/B/C had used the proposed process for spec's P/Q/R, the advantages
would have been X/Y/Z).

-Thanks, AB