Re: Comments on 6 December 2013 Chapter 7 draft

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:09:30 +0400, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2013, at 4:50 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile
> <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:03:30 +0400, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote
[nsip]
>>> - 7.4.1.a First Public Working Draft
>>
>> Now 7.3.1
>>
>>>  The draft says: "The Director must announce the publication of a
>>>  First Public Working Draft publication to other W3C groups and to
>>>  the public." In practice we do not announce publications to other
>>>  W3C groups other than via the home page (which is to the public).  I
>>>  have also not heard requests for a second type of announcement to
>>>  groups. Therefore, I propose to delete "to other W3C groups and"
>>
>> Raised issue 7. Note that I disagree, and would like to have mail sent
>> at least to chairs@
>
> I stand corrected. Our transitions document already says for FPWD:
>
>  "In order to facilitate peer review, once the document has been
> published, the Chair sends a transition announcement to chairs@w3.org
> and the group's public mailing list."
>
> Since it's in the transitions documentation, can we remove it from the
> process document?

IMHO, No. It should be in the process, so that it doesn't stop happening
e.g. because someone just decides that it isn't necessary since the news
is already on the home page or something.

> Where is the URI to issue 7? I don't see it in the w3process tracker:
>  http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/raised

Sorry, typo. 75:
  http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/75

It's actually more general than this particular point, but includes it.

[...]
>>> - 7.4.3 Publication of a W3C Recommendation
>>
>> Now 7.5
>>
>>>  I am not sure I have understood what is supposed to happen here.
>>>
>>>  It seems like something happens between publication of a CR
>>>  and publication of a Recommendation.
>>>
>>>  First, there is no rationale to explain why there is an event
>>>  between publication of CR and publication of a REC.
>>
>> Raised issue 77.
>>
>> This is part of the de-emphasis of Proposed Rec as a formal stage, and
>> it really does need some more explanation. My assumption is that there
>> is a director's call, in general, but not necessarily a new
>> publication. There must be an announcement to the AC that there is a
>> deadline for their review…
>
> I thought that the AC review was going to happen at the (new) CR
> transition. Why is there a need for a second AC review?

There isn't. The AC review goes from the beginning of CR until 4 weeks
after the document is provisionally approved. So the AC can review the
actual document, if it changes in CR.

[...]

Hmmm. I'm thinking about it...

cheers