Re: w3process-ISSUE-74 (NeXtSteps?): Must specs describe next steps? [Document life cycle (ch 7)]

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:21:49 +0400, Revising W3C Process Community Group
Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> w3process-ISSUE-74 (NeXtSteps?): Must specs describe next steps?
> [Document life cycle (ch 7)]
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/74
>
> Raised by: Ian Jacobs
> On product: Document life cycle (ch 7)
>
> In http://www.w3.org/mid/CFE36B99-1937-41DD-999B-7F9A6B4C22ED@w3.org Ian
> explains:
>
>   Because of the patent policy, it is important that readers know
>   whether a group expects a document to become a Recommendation or not.
>   Also, when a group has been chartered to produce a Recommendation
>   but then plans change, it is important that a document state the
>   new expectation.
>  The draft says that the status section "should include expectations
>   about next steps, and". I don't think that's strong enough as
>   stated.  I think this should be a MUST to send clear signals relevant
>   to the patent policy.

I would be very happy to upgrade this requirement to a MUST. I think it's
a really important part of the status information, and I often get
frustrated when I can't find it.