RE: Voice Registry in OVN?

Dirk, thanks for the note.  I hope you are feeling well, and much better than before.

Yes, the Open Voice Network is beginning to explore a concept with the working title of Voice Registry System, or VRS.    The concept was first described in early OVN discussions as a “DNS for voice.”

We think the problem statement resides within the promise of a multi-assistant future, a realm where nearly every enterprise and organizational entity has its own conversational assistant, and current platforms (and telecom service providers) serve as value-added channels.  In such an environment, questions will arise as to dependable destination identification and access – and the disambiguation processes and UX that will enable destination accuracy with ease.

* Within the OVN, Jim Larson recently led our Voice Developer Community in a virtual workshop dedicated to naming envisioned capabilities of a VRS.
* These were presented to our Technical Advisory Council, and it was agreed to form a specific Work Group for VRS consideration and research.
* Maria Brinas-Dobrowski has led most of our VRS-centric discussions within the Technical Advisory Council, and is cc’d here.

Might we schedule a briefing with you (and invited colleagues) as to thinking to date?   Would you have an interest in joining some of the OVN conversations?

Please let me know how we might best collaborate with you.

With appreciation,

Jon