RE: Voice Registry in OVN?

Dirk, thank you for the note – and please allow me to offer a response and way forward.

* Our session on 1 September will be moderated by Jim Larson.  It will be my recommendation to Jim (cc’d here) that your proposed agenda be adopted.

* Introduction to current Voice Interaction group's IPA Architecture draft
* - Introduction to OVN's Voice Registry
* - Discussion of similarities and deviations of both approaches

* As you present and discuss the IPA Architecture, please bring forward your ideas as to a voice registry – a potential “DNS for voice.”  How will IPA users confidently search, find, and connect to assistant destinations?

* However, a caveat as we approach the meeting on the 1st:  our Voice Registry System (VRS) Work Group has just started to meet (one session, this past Thursday, with a going-forward schedule of every-other Thursday).  Maria is leading the team right now in problem definition.   Though several solution ideas have been proposed, we’re not yet close to assessing potential desired capabilities and requirements.  Depending upon the time we have available in the I would expect that Maria could update you and the team on the problem statements identified to date.

Dirk, is this an appropriate plan for going forward?

Thank you for your helping us on our journey.

With appreciation,

Jon

I was hoping for some more info in the course of the ongoing collaboration between OVN and this group. Maybe, from Jon who is attending our bi-weekly calls.

Maybe, my assumption in this regard was wrong. If this is something more complicated, I would like to suggest to put this on the agenda when Debbie and I will present our architectural draft in the OVN calls. I could think of something like

- Introduction to current Voice Interaction group's IPA Architecture draft

- Introduction to OVN's Voice Registry

- Discussion of similarities and deviations of both approaches

Would this make sense to you?

Dirk