Trying to describe a process

From: Eric Franzon <eric.franzon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:47:47 -0600
To: W3C Vocabularies <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Hi All,

I'm trying to describe a step-by-step process similar to how one would do
so for a https://schema.org/Recipe, but in this case, it's how to build
something.

Have others found a good way to do this?

If not...

Would it make sense to have a more generic type (similar to Recipe) called "
https://schema.org/Process" or "https://schema.org/Project" with associated
properties such as:

   - processTime
   - processCategory (I'm not sure about this one -- it could be too broad,
   even if it accepts value-type "Text")
   - materialItem (similar to ingredient, a single item used in the
   process, e.g. four 2x4s; 1 piece of A4 paper; 5 lbs. of sculpter's clay;
   etc.)
   - processInstructions (as in recipe, this would accept itemList or Text
   types)
   - finalProduct (ExpectedType = Thing)

I'm thinking this could be used for situations such as:

How to build a barn:
http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Barn

How to make an origami swan:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-An-Origami-Swan/

How to tie a bow tie (bow ties are cool!!)
http://www.ties.com/how-to-tie-a-tie/bow-tie

Cheers,
--Eric

--