Re: [Proposal] schema:OnlineCourse

Wes,

>From my experience...

CourseSection is an instance of a Course conducted over a Term usually with
a cohort (a collection of students and instructor(s)). Note that with the
emergence of Competency Based Education models that follow a self-paced
form of study, the concept of a Course Section may be less useful.

CourseSession is a single meeting - sometimes also called a Class (I'm
going to my class now).

A Course Section with 2 Class times per week conducted over 12 weeks would
have 24 Course Sessions or 24 Classes, Class times, Class meetings.

So I would argue that both Course Section and Course Session are real and
distinct things.