Re: September Update on Sports

Another thing, looking at this, it seems to me that we need a more specific subclass off OrganizationRole to capture information. numberedPosition isn't quite enough, as we should also be able to describe the type of contribution using something like a "position" property, which would use an enumerated type as the value for something like http://dbpedia.org/resource/Quarterback.

I think a SportsRole would look something like the following (note, "Pete Carroll", not "Steve Carroll"):

{
    "@context": "http://schema.org",
    "@type": "SportsTeam",
    "athlete": [{
      "@type": "SportsRole",
      "athlete": {"@type": "Person", "name": "Russell Wilson"},
      "position": "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback",
      "numberedPosition": "3"
    }, {
      "@type": "SportsRole",
      "athlete": {"@type": "Person", "name": "Marshawn Lynch"},
      "position": "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_back",
      "numberedPosition": "24"
    }],
    "coach": {
      "@type": "SportsRole",
      "coach": {"@type": "Person", "name": "Pete Carroll"},
      "position": "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_coach"
    },
    "memberOf": "National Football Conference",
    "name": "Seattle Seahawks",
    "sport": "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football"
}

It would also make sense to have numberedPosition have a domain of SportsRole, and not OrganizationRole.

Alternatively, make something like "position" more abstract, and add to OrganizationRole.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net