Re: Person job proposal (was Re: Schema.org proposal: Financial information)

Note that schema:Product is actually schema:ProductOrService, because many data-sources (e.g. shop systems) cannot properly distinguish between products and services.

I think we should revise schema:Service very carefully before recommending it for broader use. It seems to mix the the notion of offer and service, duplicates properties from schema:Offer and schema:Product, and is not properly related to neither the GoodRelations e-commerce model nor the Actions branch, IMO.

E.g.

produces	Thing 	The tangible thing generated by the service, e.g. a passport, permit, etc.

--> seems to be the inverse of http://schema.org/manufacturer

provider	Person  or Organization 	The service provider, service operator, or service performer; the goods producer. Another party (a seller) may offer those services or goods on behalf of the provider. A provider may also serve as the seller. Supersedes carrier.

--> seems to be equivalent to http://schema.org/manufacturer

serviceArea	AdministrativeArea	The geographic area where the service is provided.

--> seems to be equivalent to eligibleRegion. Also one could challenge whether this is a property of the service or the offer to provide the service.

serviceAudience	Audience 	The audience eligible for this service.

--> seems to be equivalent to very similar to http://schema.org/eligibleCustomerType

serviceType	Text 	The type of service being offered, e.g. veterans' benefits, emergency relief, etc.

--> This could also achieved via http://schema.org/category or, if it is a URL, http://schema.org/additionalType.

Best

Martin