Re: Adding a Job and/or Profession type (was Schema.org proposal: Financial information)

I would bundle all respective additions under a new type - e.g. schema:Occupation or schema:Job, likely as a subtype of schema:Action (or schema:Thing?).

Jobs are roles that individuals hold over certain periods of time. So let us not put job-related properties directly under schema:Person.

The terms and conditions and the compensation should be modeled via schema:Demand (for Job offers - someone seeking work to get done for money) and schema:Offer (for Job search / applications - someone offering labor for money) and its existing commercial properties.

So we would have

a) Job Search

schema:Person -> schema:makesOffer -> schema:Offer -> schema:itemOffered -> schema:Occupation

b) Job Offer

schema:Organization -> schema:seeks -> schema:Demand -> schema:itemOffered -> schema:Occupation

Instead of schema:itemOffered, schema:includesObject may be more appropriate, but adds one level of indirection.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen