Re: Schema.org proposal: Financial information

On 09/16/2014 09:57 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 16 September 2014 19:52, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In regards to the properties for Person, might it be an idea to introduce a
>> new type: Job or Profession?
>>
>> For some time now people (I run into) have been asking/looking for a way to
>> express what the do for a living (Job/Profession) and to me it seems
>> 'baseSalary' and 'salaryCurrency' would be better placed within such a Type.
>
> We already have "JobPosting", which is a bit different from an actual
> specific job, more like an abstracted template job which becomes real
> when someone is hired and starts doing it. But many of the same
> properties, and issues (e.g. adding more detail around taxonomy).

Could Job & JobPosting
reuse same pattern as Product/Service & Offer/Demand ?

In a way we can think of a Job as specialization of Service
similar JobPosting as specialization of Offer/Damand

To my understanding currently schema.org only supports JobPosting as
Offer but not as Demand

I plan to help friends from https://jobs.ouishare.net to add support for
schema.org This service runs on open source Sharetribe[1] - P2P
marketplace and simple reuses its data model pretty much identical to
Product/Service & Offer/Demand pattern. OuiShare Jobs also allows both
kind of postings for Job - Offer and Demand

[1] https://github.com/sharetribe/sharetribe