RE: New Proposal - Measurement (in support of describing sports statistics)

Hi Jason,

On 4 Sep 2014 at 01:50, Jason Johnson (BING) wrote:
> I have published a new draft (1.1) of this proposal that incorporates
> updates based on community feedback thus far.  Please take a look and
> let me know how you like the updates.

A couple of questions:

- Is both unitCode and quantityUnit needed? Couldn't unitCode be generalized?

- Is quantityValue really required? Can't a Measurement be a QuantitativeValue at the same time?

What I have in mind is to have something like this (where the explicit typing to QuantitativeValue could perhaps also be omitted):

{
  "@context": "http://schema.org",
  "@type": [ "Measurement", "QuantitativeValue" ]
  "name" "Ratio of GDP to Carbon Dioxide Emissions"
  "value": "5153",
  "quantityUnit": "International Dollars Per Ton",
  "about": {
    "@type": "Country",
    "name": "France"
  }
}

instead of

{
  "@context": "http://schema.org",
  "@type": "Measurement",
  "quantityValue": {
    "@type": "QuantitativeValue",
    "name" "Ratio of GDP to Carbon Dioxide Emissions"
    "value": "5153"
    "quantityUnit": "International Dollars Per Ton",
  },
  "about": {
    "@type": "Country",
    "name": "France"
  }
}

If that sounds reasonable, renaming "quantityType" to something like "dimension" or "measurementType" might be clearer.

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler