Re: Person and fictional Re: VideoGame proposal

First: Thanks for the table! The upper part of it clearly shows that the MTE approach is much simpler. As for the last statements, I disagree: It is not necessary to change the whole bases for schema.org nor to add negation, if we regard being fictional as a special form of being at all.

In more pragmatic terms: As long as all/most publishers of data that adopt the "new" mechanism for fictional stuff actually use the multi-type approach, we are all set. All fictional entities would be recognizable by the fact that they are schema:FictionalThings. A client that want to be sure that it does not list fictional things must include one more filter in its queries. But of how many applications are we speaking in here?

schema.org is evolving and it is tacit consensus that applications and data may have to updated over time as schema.org evolves, because we sometimes value an improvement higher that full backwards compatibility.

Martin