Re: VideoGame proposal

On 15 October 2014 18:58, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yuliya,
>
> +1 I think that "part" and "partOf" would be ideal for VideoGameSeries.
>
> Freebase also uses the same Predicates as seen with your example of
> Mass Effect in a Freebase Search showing the "part" and "part_of" in
> output:
>
> http://freebase-search.freebaseapps.com/?query=%22Mass+Effect%22&output=(part_of+part)&limit=100&scoring=entity&lang=en

The schema.org terms are http://schema.org/hasPart and
http://schema.org/isPartOf (inverses...)

I like this approach btw.

Q: when a Game is thought of as a software thing (e.g. for
versioning), how do we describe that? I propose we just use multiple
typing and add properties from http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication
freely. I would say just to add e.g. softwareVersion property without
feeling obligated to state the SoftwareApplication directly, although
I suspect some stricter tools will (mistakenly) consider that an
error.

Dan