Re: Action subtypes, their properties & sub-properties plus relationships with Place & Event

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:20 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <
perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

> On 10/01/2014 06:18 PM, Sam Goto wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:51 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
> > <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org <mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>>
> > wrote:
> >     In general I think that clear examples of various common cases can
> come
> >     of more use then trying to nail down descriptions of all those
> >     properties!
> >

> > +1, I totally agree. Send a patch?
> https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/pull/15
>
> so far just single commit which makes examples using object in more
> consistent way
>
> thinking about current use of event/location on Action resources, i also
> spotted example in http://schema.org/FollowAction
>
> <!-- John followed Steve on Twitter. -->
> {
>   "@context": "http://schema.org",
>   "@type": "FollowAction",
>   "agent": {
>     "@type": "Person",
>     "name": "John"
>   },
>   "followee": {
>     "@type": "Person",
>     "name": "Steve"
>   },
>   "location": {
>     "@type": "Product",
>     "name": "Twitter"
>   }
> }
>
> which *violates rangeIncludes* of http://schema.org/location

Ah, good catch. That's a bug from early revisions: we debated this one for
a few rounds but forgot to remove it. The thinking at the time was to use
"instrument" (or a sub-property-of like "product") to model things like
"what application you used to perform the action". Makes sense?