Re: Action subtypes, their properties & sub-properties plus relationships with Place & Event

On 10/01/2014 06:18 PM, Sam Goto wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:51 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
> <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org <mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>>
> wrote:
>     In general I think that clear examples of various common cases can come
>     of more use then trying to nail down descriptions of all those
>     properties!
>

> +1, I totally agree. Send a patch?
https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/pull/15

so far just single commit which makes examples using object in more
consistent way

thinking about current use of event/location on Action resources, i also
spotted example in http://schema.org/FollowAction

<!-- John followed Steve on Twitter. -->
{
  "@context": "http://schema.org",
  "@type": "FollowAction",
  "agent": {
    "@type": "Person",
    "name": "John"
  },
  "followee": {
    "@type": "Person",
    "name": "Steve"
  },
  "location": {
    "@type": "Product",
    "name": "Twitter"
  }
}

which *violates rangeIncludes* of http://schema.org/location

how about removing location and event from Action all together and
adding some generic one (codename) *actionContext* with rangeIncludes
Thing? this way one could add there Place, Event whatever makes a
context (not JSON-LD @context) of given Action.

while on that, I would also look for something similar to as:target
http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams2-vocabulary.html#dfn-target

which for now looks closest to schema:recipient
http://schema.org/recipient

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Vocabulary_Comparison#as:Activity_.7C.7C_schema:Action