Re: cooperation between W3C and schema.org

On 11/29/2014 02:06 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 10/29/2014 06:40 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> The meeting at the W3C TPAC today,
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/SessionIdeas#Schema.org_and_Social_WG,
>> brought up some interesting issues.
>>
>> However, I'm still uncertain as to how much interaction is being pursued
>> or proposed.  Does anyone know this, or is it still too early to know?

I believe that the schema.org team is working on a solution to the issue
and one will be posted in due time - these sort of things do not happen
overnight, but I hope happen sooner rather than later. From the Social
Web WG's perspective, the absolute latest we'd want a solution to be in
place by the time any of our specs go into Last Call, which is mid to
late 2015.

In the mean time, replicating URIs of existing widely-deployed
vocabularies like schema.org in W3C-Rec track documents is to
discouraged as causing fragmentation to the Web, and it would only be
acceptable in Last Call if there was not a resolution from schema.org
that W3C members like IBM found acceptable. Something in the space of
the solution of "snapshots" sounds fine to me and was supported by the
W3C at TPAC, and the coupling could be much looser than in HTML5 which
would make things easier than in Sam Ruby's proposal.

     cheers,
       harry