From: Dan Brickley [mailto:danbri@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:24 AM
To: W3C Web Schemas Task Force; Dan Scott; Vicki Tardif Holland
Subject: Re: schema.org Series generalized, VideoGameSeries added for sdo-venkman release

Please take another look. http://sdo-venkman.appspot.com/Series

This is a larger attempt at a general Series type, following the direction of this thread and github discussions.

There are subtypes for TVSeries, RadioSeries, as before; however we also add minimalistic MovieSeries, BookSeries, as well as bringing in Periodical and the new VideoGameSeries type. Media-specific
properties have been pushed down into the movie-tv-games-radio areas.

There are probably some rough edges, but feedback on the general direction would be useful. The intent is for Series' definition not to seem too weird for either written or media content. This means it has to be general, so we balance that by linking very explicitly to the subtypes for detail...

Does this work? Does it seem too hasty to include MovieSeries, BookSeries here or does that help in rounding out the picture and general approach? We could comment them out and discuss them at more leisure later if they do seem too tricky to get right...

Dan

ps. full implementation details are in this branch, https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/tree/sdo-videogameseries