Re: schema.org/Game (was "Re: New schema.org release (sdo-venkman) candidate for review")

+Yuliya

On 17 November 2014 20:06, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks great!  A note just on the description for:
> http://sdo-venkman.appspot.com/Game
>
> Which is:
> "A role-playing game is a game in which players assume the roles of
> characters in a fictional setting."
>
> I think this description was carried over from an earlier context in which
> this did describe a role-playing game specifically.  In any case, obviously
> a more generic description is required (especially as Monopoly is used in
> the code example - and while I do adopt the persona of Andrew Carnegie when
> I play, it's not a role-playing game:).

I agree - I just noticed that, I had mistakenly thought 'Game' was
completely replaced with 'VideoGame'. At least the type name and
definition here seem at very different levels of generality. Yuliya,
any suggestions? The most obvious fix would be for Game to become
RolePlayingGame, which avoids us getting all Wittgenstein on the
"what's a game" issue.

Dan