Re: [proposal] worksFor himself (freelancer)

Personally, I would also like to see the Person type expanded a little
more to include properties such as "skill(s)" or even
"areaOfExpertise".  I think that it would also be nice if the expected
value could be a Thing or Product, which would allow us to pull in other
data sources such as Productontology, Freebase, or DBpedia to get very
granular with things.  Currently, I don't see a clear and simple way to
mark up what particular skills a person has or what their field of
expertise is.  The Person type does have the jobTitle property, but of
course, a job title does not in itself paint the entire picture
regarding what a person does or can do.

It's true that we could use Person >> makesOffer >> Offer to mark up
what services a freelancer is offering.  But what if the person isn't a
freelancer?  What about just being able to mark up what a person does
and what type of skills they have, whether they work for a company or
are self-employed?  I think that by adding a very clear way in which to
mark up a person's skills, we can help things on both sides--the person
and search engines.

At least those are my thoughts on this matter.

David Deering
Touch Point Digital Marketing
(504) 875-2225
david@touchpointdigital.net touchpointdigitalmarketing.com