Re: Am I right that WebPage lacks a generic property for linking to WebPageElement?

It seems like it would be more natural to use schema:Offer to connect the schema:Product with a schema:Person or schema:Organization via the schema:seller property. The Web page stuff can factor out. Here's a blog that describes a solution the SchemaBibEx group suggest for libraries:

http://coffeecode.net/archives/281-Mapping-library-holdings-to-the-Product-Offer-mode-in-schema.org.html

This is a knockoff of how commercial offers could be marked up.
Jeff