Re: schema.org markup for a community meeting?

Note that you cannot directly seek or makesOffer an Event, because the range of those is a bundle of rights on something. Unless you sell the event itself, you have to create an offer with the business function "attend". The principle is shown in the GoodRelations extension for tickets at

http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/tio/ns.html

# We reuse this event: http://data.linkedevents.org/event/3018e1eb-b1dc-4b62-8cb2-f1457c7a31cf
# Bryan Adams at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

foo:ticket1 a tio:TicketPlaceholder ;
    rdfs:label "Ticket for Bryan Adams at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre"@en ;
    tio:accessTo <http://data.linkedevents.org/event/3018e1eb-b1dc-4b62-8cb2-f1457c7a31cf> .

foo:HeppTickets gr:offers foo:offer1 .

foo:offer1 a gr:Offering ;
    gr:name "Ticket for Bryan Adams at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre"@en ;
    gr:description "Don't miss this: Bryan Adams at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre!"@en ;
    gr:includes foo:ticket1 ;
    gr:hasBusinessFunction gr:Sell ;
    gr:hasPriceSpecification
         [ a gr:UnitPriceSpecification ;
           gr:hasCurrency "USD"@en ;
           gr:hasCurrencyValue "19.99"^^xsd:float ;
           gr:validThrough "2010-11-11T23:59:59"^^xsd:dateTime ] .

For free admission, simply indicate a price of zero. But let's not directly offer events, because then, we cannot use all the nice properties for modeling commercial aspects and other terms and conditions of an event (e.g. registration deadline via the validThrough property of schema:Offer).

Note the naming differences between GoodRelations in its original namespace and in schema.org, as listed in here:

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Schema.org#Naming_Differences

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group