Re: Schema.org v1.6 release candidate: Roles, various fixes, site navigation improvements

@Kingsley Idehen said:
>The entity relationships are MUCH easier to understand via TURTLE
notation. Other notations serve specific user profiles.

>From my experience Turtle is virtually unknown outside of the semantic web
community.  I just did a straw poll among the developers currently in my
office - none of them slouches - and exactly none of them had so much as
heard of Turtle.

This is not a commentary about the relative usefulness of Turtle, but on
the intended audience of the site and the profile of its adopters - all the
points made by Dan Scott.  An optional Turtle tab?  Sure, why not.  Turtle
as the centerpiece of the code examples?  Only if the aim of doing so is
alienating most webmasters.

And I'd use the same logic in arguing against JSON-LD as the default view.
 JSON, of course, is - unlike Turtle - readily understood and used daily by
most developers.  But remembering, to Dan Scott's point, that schema.org is
"a collection of schemas that webmasters can use to markup HTML pages in
ways recognized by major search providers," it makes little sense to
emphasize the syntax which is currently only tangentially recognized by one
of the major search providers in a very limited context.