Re: Schema.org v1.6 release candidate: Roles, various fixes, site navigation improvements

On 6/18/14 11:48 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> > Using Turtle as a means of communicating extension proposals makes
> > sense. I don't think layering more obscure markup examples onto the main
> > schema.org <http://schema.org> site does.
>
> +1
>
> Dan

This isn't about layering, its about linking (webby relations).

You can link to TURTLE documents from other documents. In the case of
Tabs (as per Richard's suggestion) that's a UI for conveying information
about terms to users. TURTLE in that regard is more readable that
Microdata, RDFa, and JSON.

Again, we don't need to get into distracting wars over formats. All we
need to do is accept the fact that you have "horses for courses" and
when the course is oriented towards relationship comprehension for all
(not a select group) your best bet is TURTLE Notation.

I couldn't imagine writing any of these [1][2] by hand. I did that using
TURTLE without turning my brain inside out.

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/1ijwq1h -- Glossary of Terms Document
[2]
http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/WorldCup2014.ttl
-- World Cup
[3] http://bit.ly/1fWnvCP -- Simple Linked Data Deployment Tutorial .
[4] http://bit.ly/10Y9FL1 -- Simple Linked Data overlay (thanks to
Turtle) over TimBLs original Web Proposal.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO