Re: offeredBy to supersede vendor, merchant, provider, seller, …?

I would like to resurrect this discussion.  I propose the following:

1. The provider property has existed on CreativeWork for some time and is
heavily used. Leave it as is.
2. Deprecate all other uses of provider under a new property
"serviceProvider". The domain would be:
    BusTrip
    Flight
    Reservation
    Service
   TrainTrip

3. Keep carrier on ParcelDelivery.
4. Deprecate carrier on Flight.
5. Expand the domain for the existing serviceOperator to include Flight.
Flight > serviceOperator replaces Flight > carrier.
6. Deprecate vendor in favor of BuyAction > seller.
7. Deprecate merchant in favor of Order > seller.

We are still left with non-commercial Offers using the term "seller". Any
thoughts on a more inclusive term are welcome.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com