Re: offeredBy to supersede vendor, merchant, provider, seller, ...?

On 03 Jun 2014, at 16:32, Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah - that distinguishes it from an offer, which is not binding until accepted, and can be revoked (with a few restrictions, esp. in civil law jurisdictions).
>
> I have no idea what the legal effect would be if a merchant created offerings not intended to be offers in order to draw traffic for other purposes.

In Germany, it will likely be considered unfair market practices and could put your competitors in a position to stop you from that.
In practice, Google will notice that people bump back from the page quickly and restart their query, so they can rank down the search result.

> It is not unusual to create an offer to buy, though RFPs or other forms of bid solicitation are more usual, which presumably is what  Demand models.

Yes, exactly - schema:Demand is for RFQ/Tenders, wish-lists, etc.

Martin