Re: Question about schema.org in a triple store?

On 7/16/14 11:00 AM, James M Snell wrote:

> OK, scenario (just out of curiosity): I create a generalized triple
> store as a hosted service. None of my code directly uses schema.org
> <http://schema.org> terms but nothing stops my users (whom I don't
> about know in advance) from using my service to store data using
> schema.org <http://schema.org> terms. In my code, all terms are
> indexed for searching, so once the schema.org <http://schema.org>
> terms are pushed in, they can be searched and pivoted on in a variety
> of ways (none of which are specific to schema.org
> <http://schema.org>). Am I in violation of the schema.org
> <http://schema.org> terms by not providing attribution to schema.org
> <http://schema.org> when my system is clearly agnostic towards the
> specific use of schema.org <http://schema.org>?
>
> - James

As you said "all terms are indexed for searching" , which means you
aren't agnostic. You put this creative work (produced by others) to use
in your specific app(s). It provided value etc..

All your app has to do is make an acknowledgement of its use (re.,
indexing with search in mind) of schema.org terms, assuming your app
doesn't benefit from use of URIs as opposed to local identifiers etc..

Kingsley

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen