Re: Fwd: Proposal: drop instrument, participant and status

On 12/21/2014 04:47 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> Elf, one critical aspect worth stressing is the fact that there are
> activity streams implementers who have absolutely no desire to do anything
> with the schema.org vocabulary. For those that want to use the two
> together, there are simple ways of connecting the two and reconciling the
> differences. However, ironing out all of differences and overlaps is not a
> problem that's even the least bit interesting to me. There will be
> overlaps, there will be inconsistencies, and those are perfectly
> acceptable.
I see difference between working on Activity Streams independently and
publishing it under http://activitystrea.ms/ namespace. From working on
it as one of deliverables of Social WG and publishing it on
http://www.w3.org/ IMO second requires quite more coordination with
other activities hosted by W3C.

Recent email from Harry Halpin, who acts as W3C Team Contact in Social
WG, once again states interest in trying to search for possible
alignments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2014Dec/0072.html

Of course we can disagree and have different opinions on this topic, I
would just like to emphasize that at this moment we both represent here
our *personal* opinions and so far nothing backed by any existing
resolutions in Social WG!

Also https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas states:
"Groups who maintain Web Schemas are welcome to use this forum as a
feedback channel, in additional to whatever independent mechanisms they
also offer.
In particular, the Schema.org initiative has adopted this group as its
primary public feedback forum. Others are invited to do likewise."

Recently I suggested to discuss Vocabulary related work in Social WG/IG
over public-vocabs mailing list.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2014Dec/0071.html