Property Names, was Re: Automotive, EXIF, Property-Values

Side-comment:

Personally I think we will have to go to a "frame-based" approach in schema.org sooner or later, i.e. defining properties locally for each type or supertype, so that name clashes between independent branches of schema.org will not be too much of a problem.

So "code" for http://schema.org/MedicalTherapy would no longer need to be the same as "code" in any other context.

For microdata markup, that would not even change the markup, just the processing rules and the Microdata-to-RDFa mapping.

In RDFa and JSON-LD, one would have to either update the specs (in particular the "vocabulary" mechanisms - not entirely unreasonable) or update the code, afaics.

Martin
martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp