Re: Automotive, EXIF, Property-Values

Hi Chaals, all:

On 17 Dec 2014, at 14:23, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

> A few tiny comments…
>
> 17.12.2014, 13:03, "mfhepp@gmail.com" <mfhepp@gmail.com>:
>> In effect, it adds the following elements:
>>
>> 1. Types for common vehicle categories
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>>     http://sdo-property-value.appspot.com/Bike
>
> I'd really like this to be called "Bicycle".

If this is consensual, I am happy to change it

>> 2. Properties for common, vendor-independent car features
>> For a list, see here:
>>
>>     http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Vehicles#New_Properties
>
> transmission, gears, payload, speed, airbags, doors, damages all seem like terms that could *easily* get confused, and should should probably be disambiguated by making them longer and more specific.

We have conflict between ease for use for the main case and potential conflicts due to the "global property notion" in schema.org.

I am fine to prefix them all to

vehicleTransmission
vehicleGears
vehicleAirbags etc.

if this is consensual - Dan, Guha what is your take?

From a Web developers perspective, I think the shorter names are more appealing because the typing effort will be much lower, and also an auto-complete feature in an editor will not work as well if 20+ properties have the same prefix.

Due to the examples in three syntaxes, I would like to know the consensual opinion among the sponsors of schema.org prior to implementing the change.

Martin