Re: schema.org v1.9 release: Periodical, workExample, seller/provider and updated terms of service

On 19/08/14 07:09, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Version 1.9 of schema.org has just been posted. See
> http://schema.org/docs/releases.html#v1.9 for details, and (as usual)
> Github [1] for the exact details.
>
> This version introduces changes proposed by the Bib Extend group for
> describing periodicals, alongside a 'work to work' property,
> 'workExample' (and an inverse); also a new convenience inverse
> property for 'isPartOf' called 'hasPart'. Many many thanks to all who
> contributed to those discussions, here and on the Bib Extend group's
> list. In particular thanks to Richard Wallis for chairing it all
> through to a rough consensus, and to Dan Scott for having an
> implementation ready to deploy on Github.

Looks like we're almost there on releasing the "Culture Bundle", which
is fantastic.

Do we have an idea when we'll be releasing the one remaining new type
from the Culture Bundle: VisualArtwork? -
http://sdo-culture-bundle.appspot.com/VisualArtwork

I'm fairly sure that we've answered all the questions about it in
requested over the past 15+ months.

> The 1.9 update also addresses the recently discussed Seller/Provider
> issue, see the releases overview document for background links and
> details on the various changes this involves.
>
> Aside from vocabulary changes, this update also improves the
> presentation of 'supercededBy' metadata on the site, making it
> navigable from per-term pages and allowing for a property to supercede
> multiple earlier properties.
>
> We have also updated the terms of service document -
> http://schema.org/docs/terms.html - noting that Yandex is now a
> schema.org Sponsor and adopting the patent terms used by W3C.
>
> Finally, the errors in the RDF a dump are fixed, and we have a QA test
> to help ensure that such glitches don't occur again.[3]
>
> Thanks everyone :)
>
> Dan, for schema.org.
>
> [1] https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/commits/master
> [2] http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/