Re: Buyer / Seller / Provider Re-Design

On 1 August 2014 17:00, Jason Johnson (BING) <jasjoh@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Following up on a thread which went stale back in June, Vicki and Dan @
> Google + myself formalized the prior public discussions into a pair of
> alternative vocabulary re-designs.  We then generated a (hopefully)
> canonical set of use cases to help validate and map those alternatives.  We
> would like to re-start the stale discussion using this more formal proposal
> in the hopes that we can drive consensus ASAP.
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/File:ProviderSellerVocabularyRe-DesignProposal.pdf

> We hope to move forward with one of these solutions ASAP and look forward to
> your input!

Ok folks, the rough consensus here was pretty clearly towards the
'beta' option. Here's a first cut towards implementation.

Github issue, https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/issues/88 with links
to these discussions, and a first cut implementation.

Here's a mid-level description of the concrete changes. More abstract
than the RDFS config files in Github, but more specific than the PDF
overview: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SellerVendorCleanup#Changes_proposed

Github branch with the changes:
https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/tree/sdo-sellerbroker ...

Test build:

(main properties)
http://sdopending.appspot.com/seller
http://sdopending.appspot.com/provider
http://sdopending.appspot.com/broker

(superceded properties)
http://sdopending.appspot.com/bookingAgent
http://sdopending.appspot.com/vendor
http://sdopending.appspot.com/merchant
http://sdopending.appspot.com/carrier

The main outstanding thing now is to check the examples match. From a
quick grep-based look, we only have examples for 'seller', 'provider',
'carrier', and only the latter is obviously in need of an update.

Dan