MedicalAudience - part of 2 different superClasses?

From: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:42:22 +0200
To: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Maybe I'm asking something obvious but I'm a bit confused about
schema.org/MedicalAudience.

It has 2 different superClasses (Audience & PeopleAudience), which by
itself isn't strange, but what confuses me is that in the 'type-tree'
(don't know what else to call it) PeopleAudience is also MedicalAudience's
sibling.

So I was wondering, can a type be a subClass & sibling of another type
without any problem or is it an error?