Re: Buyer / Seller / Provider Re-Design

Dear Jason,
dear Vicky:

I have read the proposal and think that it is consistent. I see no clashes with the GoodRelations model in schema.org and prefer proposal beta (as most others).

Just for the record: The entity who is the seller or broker is typically the one who makes the http://schema.org/Offer, not the provider. GoodRelations is neutral about whether the individual who makes the offer is holding the rights on the object or service or is just authorized to offer those rights on behalf of a third party. As a tendency, the entity making the offer should be the seller, but it can also be a broker. So e.g. in a real-estate scenario, an offer can be made by the owner of the property or a real-estate agent.

This is not meant to complicate things: I think proposal Beta is fine and should be implemented.

Best

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp