Re: Question about schema.org in a triple store?

On 15 July 2014 22:44, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was recently looking that the schema.org terms, and was hoping to
> clarify one point.
>
> 'By using the Schema.org website (the "Website") you agree to be bound by
> the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service").'
>
> https://schema.org/docs/terms.html
>
> If I use schema.org predicates in a triple store (it may more may not
> have a web endpoint) am I deemed to be using the "Webisite", and therefore,
> bound by the terms.  Same would apply if I was to use schema.org in a
> messaging protocol, for example.
>
> Or is this license only applicable to web PAGES?

Just a small data point, that came out of the minutes of the social web WG
telecon:

"note that W3C is discussing schema.org IPR issues with Google"

http://www.w3.org/2014/08/06-social-minutes.html

Sounds positive.  Would love to know if there's some place that I can keep
up to date on this.