Re: Buyer / Seller / Provider Re-Design

+1 Proposal Beta

> consumer <> buyer <> broker <> seller <> provider

looks to me like very nice way to draw distinctions between various roles!

> Proposal Alpha
> Deprecate all other uses of provider under a new property
"serviceProvider".

why Product can't have provider, does schema:manufacturer acts as
equivalent property for products?

> The domain would be: BusTrip, Flight, Reservation, Service, TrainTrip

adding TaxiTrip, FerryTrip, Rideshare etc. would require adjusting
domain every time, maybe worth introducing Trip and moving all specific
transport modes to subtypes? similar to http://schema.org/Reservation

> In both proposals, it was overly difficult to find a term that
satisfied the needs of
> expressing entities involved in offering nonmonetary / noncommercial
goods and services.
>The end result was a recommendation to overload usage of ‘seller’ for
these scenarios w/ a description clarifying this additional,
nontraditional usage.

THANK YOU for keeping in mind nonmonetary / noncommercial cases! :)