Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

On 4/10/2014 11:53 AM, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org wrote:
> HttpRange-14 and related discussions are overrated, in my opinion. For broad audiences of Webmasters, it is much easier to provide the string of an authoritative Web page URI as a pointer to support entity recognition than to understand the difference between e.g.
>
> http://dbpedia.org/page/John_Lennon
>
> and
>
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/John_Lennon
>
> In particular, if content negotiation will always make the "page" URI appear in a browser's address line, so for copy-and-paste, you need extra  effort to use the proper entity URI.
>
> By the way, schema.org as a whole decided back then, and I think it was a great decision, to use the same URI for the page describing a conceptual element and the conceptual element itself.http://schema.org/Vehicle  for instance is the identifier for the class/type and also a Web page.
>
> Again, I urge you all to regard schema.org as an interface to Web developers' minds and the data they control, not as a beautiful all-purpose category system for the human race as a whole.
Thanks Martin !
This is exactly how should be. Many already process this data not only
search engines.
Moreover,  would not be bad if http://dbpedia.org accepts headers such
as application/json+schema or text/plain on all resources.
Then a request to the URL http://dbpedia.org/page/John_Lennon  will
offer what people looks for :)

We only need the URI (in this case
http://dbpedia.org/resource/John_Lennon ) which will identify both the
resource and the "page". This can be achieved quite easy...

> Martin

All the best,
Adrian