Re: schema.org proposal for extending Thing

So the 'about' property refers to a 'Thing'. This is nice as most of what I want to do with a tag (or classification system) is supported by Thing. So maybe the short answer is to move the 'about' property up to 'Thing'. But let me ask if the semantics are right. The dublin core subject talks about using subject for classification codes, which is a strong use case of mine. For example, a restaurant might be tagged with its north american classification code [1] and its european one [2]. If its old and famous it might also be tagged as a 'historic landmark' and a 'tourist attraction'. Are those 4 tags really 'Thing's? If so, and the community is comfortable with that idea, than the CreativeWork 'about' property can work.

[1] http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/
[2] http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index.cfm?TargetUrl=LST_NOM_DTL&StrNom=NACE_REV2&StrLanguageCode=EN&IntPcKey=&StrLayoutCode=HIERARCHIC&CFID=12721637&CF

---
Raj