Re: Proposal: Slideset

On 8 May 2013 16:37, Barry Norton <barry.norton@ontotext.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose a new subclass of CreativeWork for slidesets.
>
> As background, I'm currently encoding Slideshare views, as part of the
> EUCLID Project (euclid-project.eu) public monitoring application.
>
> I've seen that one can attach interactionCount to CreativeWork - although
> it's a shame that this is direct, not an event in itself (and I don't have
> the data to track each view), I was thinking of encoding each poll of the
> Slideshare API in its own named graph and using the latest such to surface a
> 'current count' through RDFa.
>
> Comments?

Seems useful to me. Well there's two parts; indicating that something
is a kind of container for a set of slides, and then the more social
Web analytics piece for talking about view counts. I don't view our
UserInteraction vocabulary as something we should be building on right
now, but gathering requirements for improving it is certainly useful.

As for saying "this is a slideshow page", the closest we have to date
is http://schema.org/ImageGallery ... is this similar?

Dan