Re: Person Type & Affiliated Account for Web Service

It's long struck me that schema.org would benefit by incorporating elements
of FOAF OnlineAccount type [1] (FOAF being something with which one person
closely associated with this list has more than a passing acquaintance:).

That is, something like an "account" property for http://schema.org/Personand
http://schema.org/Organization (and more specific types), where an expected
type would include something like "OnlineAccount."

So where we see in FOAF something like this:

<foaf:Person>
  <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
  <foaf:account>
    <foaf:OnlineAccount>
      <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/OnlineChatAccount"/>
      <foaf:accountServiceHomepage
               rdf:resource="http://www.freenode.net/"/>
      <foaf:accountName>danbri</foaf:accountName>
    </foaf:OnlineAccount>
  </foaf:account>
</foaf:Person>

In schema.org we might see something like this (obviously not exactly
equivalent):

http://schema.org/OnlineAccount">
    <a itemprop="url" href="https://twitter.com/danbri"><span
itemprop="accountName">danbri</span></a>

Food for thought, I hope?

[1] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_OnlineAccount

--
*Resistance is futile:  I have been assimilated.*  Into the Google world
that is.  Accordingly, *my default email address is now aaranged@gmail.com*.