Re: Proposal: Looking inside tables

On 20 August 2013 13:57, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
> Dear Cosmin:
> Thanks for pointing this out! As I wrote towards the end of my message: I think we should not add conceptual elements that are mere syntactical aids.
>
> As for a proposed table mechanism, I think this is taking a fundamentally wrong direction, since tables are mostly generated by iterating over database contents within a loop. Then, you typically use a template language (like Jinja2, Liquid, H20, ...), where adding the markup for each row is straightforward, e.g.:

> {% for item in items %}
> {% endfor %}
>
> And since HTTP supports compression, the repetition of markup for properties and type information will hardly be noticeable.
>
> So I strongly suggest to not implement the proposal.

Do you mean the whole proposal, or the top-of-your head thoughts you
shared today?

One thing to emphasise about the original proposal is that it is
intended also to work with non-HTML tabular structures, such as CSV.
This btw makes it close in scope to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-r2rml-20120927/

Dan