Re: Move isPartOf to CreativeWork from WebPage?

Dan,

On 28/09/2012 19:56, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> I'd support this, and it will bring us into line with the same term
> used in the Dublin Core community,
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-isPartOf

Looking at this from the bibliographic/library world I would be inclined to
support this too as it would enable better support for collections, series,
and multi-part works.

However, CollectionPage is a bit restrictive - I was hoping that there was a
generic CreativeWork/Collection to relate to.  I would have thought this
would also make more sense for the LMRI community.

>>  - add hasPart to CollectionPage
>
> I'm conflicted; it seems useful but I'm wary of introducing inverses
> casually, and for only some of our terms.

I can understand your reticence, but surely one of the prime properties of a
collection is its part(s).

~Richard

--
Richard Wallis