Re: new itemscope or not?

Dear Ed,

thank you for you answer. I believe there are three factors to consider:

1. markup should not get too complicated
2. RDF should be as expressive as possible
3. Google/Bing/et.al. should be able to process the Microdata

1. and 2. will be conflicting goals, where 2 will probably win, in our
case. But I wonder if more complicated (more expressive) RDF could
confuse search engines to a point where they refuse to process the code?
If this is the case we would favor the simple solution.

I noticed that the examples on schema.org do not use any Microdata
"itemid" attributes. Therefore all of the resulting RDF triples have
blank nodes. I would like to prevent this by using URIs wherever possible.

Best wishes,
Cord