Re: proposal to add factChecker and copyEditor to NewsArticle

As Andreas, Jean-Pierre and Trond have said, I think that there are various
kinds of editorial and contributor roles that can be involved in the
production of news stories. Exactly who plays what roles (and what their
titles are) tends to vary a bit between news organizations. (And, in my
experience, it can also vary by shift - there can be different somewhat
different editorial workflows overnight versus during the day, even within
the same publisher. And, certainly at the AP, different bureau have
different practices, depending upon how lavishly or economically they have
been staffed).

I think that being able to express different types of editorial input makes
a lot of sense. And, as Andreas suggests, I think it is worth discussing in
the rNews context at the IPTC (we have a face-to-face meeting next week and
I'll add it to the agenda).

So far as the specifics of the copyEditor and factChecker roles, I think
one good litmus test for this sort of thing is: can we find examples on the
web of news publishers who are expressing these concepts (or something very
like them)? If we have evidence that this is something that publishers are
indicating to readers already, then it makes sense for it to be represented
in a machine-readable fashion, too.

Regards,

Stuart