Re: webschema-ISSUE-13 (Describing Real Estate): Schema.org should document how best to describe Real Estate [Feedback on Schema.org]

Hi all:
> Not disagreeing with that, i was just stating the different terms that might need to go in there, not specifically stating that they only would belong to real estate in general.
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> priceRate = how often is it paid
> priceTerm = how long do you have to pay for
>
> I think we are disagreeing here and in conclusion Jim and I are agreeing to perhaps move those properties over to a proposed new Rental Type to hold terms of use for Rental type of products.
>
> --
> -Thad
> http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry

Again, we should wait for the GoodRelations integration, because GoodRelations already provides means for specifying the duration of a rental, the billing increment etc. using

gr:billingIncrement
gr:eligibleTransactionVolume
gr:hasEligibleQuantity
gr:hasUnitOfMeasurement

The support for recurring payments is currently limited to stating the unit (e.g. "per month"), so you cannot state that it has to be paid in bi-weekly installments etc. On the other hand, the question is how granular we really want it.

For instance, renting out an apartment using GoodRelations for 800 USD per month for 6 - 18 months contracts will look as follows (in RDFa):

<!-- Business Function -->
     resource="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#LeaseOut"></div>
<!-- Contract duration -->
     Contract duration: <div rel="gr:hasEligibleQuantity">
	          datatype="xsd:string" content="MON">months</div>
<!-- price per month -->
	          datatype="xsd:string" content="MON">month</div>
  Condition: <div property="gr:condition">remodeled in 2011</div>

All this works off-the-box with the GoodRelations batteries supplied.

Best

Martin

On May 24, 2012, at 9:40 PM, Jesse Friedman wrote:

> Not disagreeing with that, i was just stating the different terms that might need to go in there, not specifically stating that they only would belong to real estate in general.
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> priceRate = how often is it paid
> priceTerm = how long do you have to pay for
>
> I think we are disagreeing here and in conclusion Jim and I are agreeing to perhaps move those properties over to a proposed new Rental Type to hold terms of use for Rental type of products.
>
> --
> -Thad
> http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry
>

> --
>
>    Jesse Friedman
>    President
>    View Our Portfolio
>    p 561-247-2665    |
>
>   Connect With Us | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org